Semi-Transparent Concrete Stain – Water-Based
This water based stain by Surecrete is an exciting alternative to typical reactive acid staining. There are no acids or harmful chemicals integrated in its design. Since no chemical reaction takes place, there is no extended waiting time for color to reach full development. Cement substitutes will not affect color, unlike reactive acid stains that are dependent upon alkalinity to create a chemical reaction.
- Easily create custom concrete finishes on your concrete floors and surfaces
- Can be used on both interior and exterior concrete surfaces, stamped concrete driveways, patios, and walkways
- Zero VOC! No more harsh, dangerous chemicals inherent with traditional acid-based concrete stains
- Does not require messy, chemical neutralization process prior to sealing!
- Cuts labour time in half vs. traditional acid stain
- Easily blend and colour test, allowing for certain confidence of finished look before locking in with sealer
- Allow your creativity to flow and create professional, one-of-a-kind custom interior concrete floors
- Re-colour and restore your stamped concrete driveways and patios
- In-stock and available for pick-up, or call today to arrange easy and economical shipping to your front door
Apply first coat of Eco-Stain with SP sprayer on dry surface using caution to avoid track lines from the spray pattern. A circular motion with the wand is desired. Eco-Stain may be applied full strength or diluted with water to the desired rate. Applying additional coats of Eco-Stian is optional. Supplementary colors may be combined at desired rates and number of coats. Customarily apply lighter colors first. In addition to spraying, some contractors employ mopping, sponging, and ragging, especially for accenting. CLEAN-UP— None, simply allow drying.
SPECIFICATIONS AND PROPERTIES OF CONCRETE STAIN WATER BASED 30 COLORS ECO-STAIN SEMI-TRANSPARENT BY SURECRETE
Coverage: 200 square foot per gallon undiluted
VOC Rating: 0 g/L
Shelf Life: 1 year in original unopened container
Ready for Sealer: Dry to the touch (time frame varies on environment)
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS ABOUT CONCRETE STAIN WATER BASED 30 COLORS ECO-STAIN SEMI-TRANSPARENT
HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO WAIT BEFORE SEALING THIS COLOR?
Answer: Only as long as it takes to dry! This will vary greatly depending on the local temperature/humidity as well as how much Eco-Stain was used in the
project. The more stain you use in a given area, the longer it will take to dry.
CAN YOU MAKE ECO-STAIN LOOK LIKE ACID STAIN?
Answer: In short, yes! Depending on the reactive acid stain color you are looking to achieve, different colored Eco-Stains can be applied at various dilution rates
to simulate the earth-toned reactive color scheme you typically get from Acid Stains. Grab some colors and give it a try! You can always wipe it up with water
and try again!
WHY DOES MY STAIN FADE OVER TIME?
Answer: There are multiple reasons depending on the situation, but for most cases, it boils down to two main reasons: UV exposure and sealer degradation. Unlike
Eco-Stain, chemical stains are not UV-stable, and therefore will fade over time if exposed to direct sunlight. And whether you have a chemical stain or
eco-stain applied on your surface, all colors will fade if a sealer is not correctly applied and maintained. Over time, sealers fade and need to be
replaced or “replenished” with a fresh coating.
HOW FAR CAN IT BE DILUTED?
Answer: The short answer would be: as far as you want! As these stains are made available in a concentrated format, they are typically diluted on site depending
on the color density you are looking to achieve. The more the stain is diluted, the weaker the color will be. Once you dilute so far, however, the stain can
lose some of its properties as is spread too thin across a surface.